An opportunity has arisen to join our growing team in our Cleckheaton Accountancy office, where our focus is always on providing an excellent client service.
Most of your work will be carried out in our own offices but there may be the occasion where travel to the client’s premises is necessary. You will be part of small and friendly team and must be a good team player who is used to working to strict filing deadlines.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Accurate maintenance of sales and purchase ledgers
· Invoice processing
· Credit control duties (including aged debt reporting and escalation)
· Reconciling revenue received and processing
· Bank reconciliations
· Posting of journals, prepayments and accruals
· Processing VAT returns
· Processing of CIS returns and chasing CIS refunds from HMRC
· Ad hoc reporting tasks
· Payroll preparation, processing timesheets and producing payslips
· Advising and processing SMP, SPP and SSP
· Monitoring workplace pension duties and filing pension submission reports
The Ideal Candidate
· Have an excellent understanding of bookkeeping & VAT.
· Have up to date knowledge of MTD.
· Understand VAT rules around CIS reverse charge provisions.
· Have some understanding on the rules for importing and exporting.
· Be confident in running, monitoring and managing the payroll, CIS and pensions.
· Have a good working knowledge of Xero and Quickbooks
· Be prepared to continue learning and developing the role.
· Have the ability to manage your own workload and work to strict deadlines.
· Be honest, reliable, flexible, neat and tidy.
· You must be a qualified bookkeeper with at least 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
Part time hours with the potential to grow to full time as the role evolves.
To apply, email your CV to Claire: email@example.com