Exciting opportunity for a qualified Accountant who is a driven, detailed, people centric. Enthusiastic about exceptional client experience and communication-obsessed.
Are you the type of person who wants to contribute towards making a huge impact in a small business?
Do you LOVE people?
Are you able to easily recognise commercial patterns, understand complex challenges and find solutions that make life easier for people?
Confident, obsessed with delivering high standards of detailed work at often a fast pace?
Do you love working alongside keen team members, wanting to learn from you and support?
Is doing a great job and going one step beyond, part of your natural makeup?
Yes, yes, and yes?! Keep reading!
At CJA Accountants Ltd, the client experience is everything. We offer a friendly and approachable accounting and advice service, with a huge emphasis on personalisation, and integrity. Established in 2012 we are a small, yet growing business looking for an experienced accountant to look after our clients and junior team training, as the business expands.
Why apply for this role?
- This is a full time 37.5 hours/ week Accountant role. The pay is £28,000 – £34,000 per year + bonus. (would consider part time applicants also)
- Twice yearly profit and performance bonus.
- Unlike large organisations, being in a fast paced small business, you get to be an integral part from the start. We want you to use your initiative, and have real responsibility.
- The work is varied, dynamic and fun. You will be working directly with the founder, Caroline, and her operations and team lead.
- Paid time off 20 days holiday + Bank holidays
The possible down sides?
- Flexibility is desired with hours (both ways) working Monday – Friday with every day being in office in-person days / week. location: Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
- You are willing to work for CJA Accountants Limited Exclusively.
- Must have 5 years + in relevant practice experience of similar.
- You are fully qualified or qualified by experience only – no formal training provided.
What are the requirements?
To deliver excellent client service, which puts genuine matches at the heart of everything you do. Removing Caroline from the day process, so she can build the business.
Key tasks include:
- This position’s primary focus is to prepare accounts for small limited companies, check teams work with detail and sign off month end / year end accounts.
- You’ll be responsible for your client group, as well as contributing to the wider team and business goals.
- Corporation tax returns
- Personal tax returns
- Preparing management accounts, cashflow forecasts and projections
- Managing the junior members of the team and assisting in their training and development
- Reviewing the accounts work prepared by junior members of the team
- Company secretarial work (company incorporations, issuing shares, share transfers etc)
- Providing ad hoc support to the director.
- Setting up clients from initial meeting organisation, through to in person meetings. Updating all records and documents as you go, with admin support.
- Client communication, weekly or monthly outreach ensuring that all clients are fully informed with the process and next steps regarding their experience.
- Being aware of industry activity and developments to keep us ‘ahead of the game’ and to enable us to stand out from our competitors.
- Attend weekly team meetings and report back on relevant KPI’s.
- Create and update relevant SOP’s when required
- Supporting Team lead with daily check ins with other team members on task progress/identifying obstacles, Support team members in finding solutions and, offering suggestions.
Key skills Required:
- Excellent Communication: You need to be the outgoing type of person with a confident manner in person and on the telephone.
- Tech Savvy: You have a passion for learning new skills, daily improvements and interest in the online world.
- Proactive: You need to be the type of person who gets joy out of getting things done. You, use your initiative. Every day, you will complete a list of tasks – prioritised by you
- Flexible: You are happy to work at a fast pace and can adapt to changes with ease. You want to take ownership over what you do, and do it to the best of your ability, consistently. If you don’t know, you will ask, you’re a fast learner and happy to change and adapt.
- Meticulous Attention to detail: You are a magnet for spotting errors and corrections, and have personal pride in the accuracy of your work.
- People Developer: You get a buzz from seeing others learn from you. You actively encourage others to develop so you can delegate with confidence.
In summary, a job well done for you is looking after the little (and big things!) that need doing, so that clients feel confident and supported in the service being received. You have a ‘can-do’ attitude, willing to step up and get the job done in an efficient and effective manner. Whilst there is flexibility and freedom in the role, trust, professionalism and punctuality are key. We do want an intelligent, friendly, positivity, energetic individual who is passionate and experienced in this type of work.
To apply for the role please email email@example.com your CV, and a reason why you’re applying, in an email with the subject “Application for CJAA”.
This is a full or part time qualified Accountant role. The pay is between £28,000 – £34,000.
We are looking to bring our new team members on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit, both in abilities and culturally.
Really looking forward to hearing from you.
On behalf of Caroline.